Online Auction March 16 opens at 12pm -March 21 closes at 9pm
To put on a fundraising event of this scope, we are actively looking for volunteers in the following areas:
Online Auction Team
- We are looking for team members to contact 10-20 businesses for donations.
- Timeline: End of January – March 1.
- We will provide all the materials you need for outreach (timeline, sample email, contact info for accounts you will be responsible for).
- Contact Beth Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Auction Catalog Editors
- We are looking for 5-6 volunteers to help with editing and copywriting the online catalog.
- Timeline: End of February – March 15.
- You will be provided with style guide and instructions for writing and editing the short blurbs which describe the auction packages.
- Contact Jennifer Ginsburg at jginsburg@SPARKschools.org
Parent Party Team
- Parents volunteer to host and cover the cost of parties and guests can purchase spots to attend the parties.
- Timeline: End of January – March 10.
- Create and solicit party ideas for parent/kid/family parties. Many will be repeat parties.
- Reach out to potential hosts regarding party dates and review party submission forms.
- Contact Alison Bricker at email@example.com
Online Auction Details
What is the online auction?
This year’s online auction will be from March 16-March 21st. Packed with a variety of items for the home, dining and travel opportunities as well as kids, camps activities and family fun, there’s always something for everyone. Last year this event raised more than $100K for our schools and we rely on this revenue to help us reach our year-end fundraising goal.
How do I view and bid on items?
You will need to set up an account with Give Smart, our auction software before the auction opens at noon on March 16th, so you can be ready to bid right away. Once your account is confirmed you can preview the Online Auction Catalog items.
What are Sign Up Parties?
Parents volunteer to plan and host a variety of parties and your ticket price raises money for SPARK. These parent-hosted events range from hiking, yoga and biking to cooking, painting and cocktailing. Spots for parties are available on a first-come, first-serve basis and they are set at a fixed price. SPARK tip: These events can sell out very quickly, so get online as soon as the auction opens at noon on March 16th.
I own a business, can I donate an item?
Absolutely! We appreciate donations from District families who own or work at a business that we can feature in our online auction. Please submit your donation via this online donation form.
Can I donate my vacation home?
Yes! These are always in-demand items and we would love to include your vacation home in our auction. You can specify available dates and any other restrictions or important information on your donation form.