Introducing the SPARK Art Show – a community art event that will showcase the talents of local and emerging artists and the students of Larkspur-Corte Madera School District. Aimed at highlighting the importance of visual arts education in our schools, the SPARK Art Show will kick off with an opening reception on February 7th at the Town Center Corte Madera.
- Art Submission: December 10, 2019 – January 20, 2020, 2D art only, register here
- Juried art notification: January 27
- Art intake: February 2nd, 12-3pm & 3rd 10am-1pm
- Opening night: February 7th, 5:30-8:30pm
- Open Days: February 8-12, 12-5pm
- Location: Corte Madera Town Center, #325
- Art outtake: February 13, 10am-2pm
1. How do I submit art for the show?
The call for art submission tool is available now through mid January.
2. What are entry fees?
The entry fee will be $35 to enter 2 pieces for professional art (adults over 18) and $10 for student art. District educators are free.
3. What are the restrictions for art submissions?
We are only accepting 2D art. Art cannot exceed 18×24 for student art submissions or exceed 36×36 for professional art submissions. Any medium is allowed so it may be oil, watercolor, mosaic, photography, the sky is the limit!
4. When will I know if my art is accepted and when do I drop off?
Juried adult art submission notification is January 27th with student artist notifications mid January as well. Art intake days are February 2-3.
5. When is it open?
February 8-12, with an opening reception on the evening of February 7th.
6. Will art be for sale?
Yes, adult art will be for sale unless the artist prefers otherwise and will be priced by the artist. Any student art will be priced at $25. A percentage of all sales will benefit SPARK.
7. How can I help with the event?
We would love your help! We have a variety of volunteer opportunities including venue set up, Art display set up, school art display leads, logistics, volunteer shift, art docent, registration/art check out, venue load out. Please contact artshow@SPARKschools.org
ELIGIBILITY & FEES
- Professional Submission: 19 yrs+
- Student Submission: 5-18 years
- Eligible media: 2D painting & drawing all media, mixed media, printmaking & photography
- Students 5-18: $10 for up to two entries received by 1/20/2020
- Adults: $35 for up to two entries received by 1/20/2020
- Late Entry: $45 for up to two entries received after 1/20/2020 and before 1/27/2020
- LCMSD District educators and administrators are free.
ENTRY GUIDELINES & INSTRUCTIONS
- Once you are registered via the site you will receive access to submit art work. Each submission should include a digital image of each piece in jpeg format, no less than 500K and not to exceed 2MB. The name of the digital file should be artist last name-title. (e.g: Smith-BeachSunset)
- Selected artwork must be delivered and labeled on the back with artist name, title of art, price of art or NFS (not for sale) contact phone and email and include wire hanging.
- All artwork needs to be ready for hanging. For professional pieces, if unframed (canvas), sides need to be cleanly finished or painted. D-rings should be used for heavy works, wires for works under 5lbs. Drawings, prints, watercolors and pastels on paper must be under plexiglass. However, student entries do not need to be framed or under plexiglass.
- Professional entries cannot exceed 36” in any direction or 18”x24” for student art and cannot weigh more than 30 lbs.
- Click here for a tutorial video
JURY PROCESS FOR PROFESSIONAL ART
- Professional artwork will be juried in digital format. One digital image per entry.
- Selection notification will be emailed by January 20.
- Show Jurors: Pierre Yann Guidetti, Daniel Merriam, Dan Kurtzman, Rick Byrne, Paloma Artigas, and Lori-Michele Emerson
- Adult first, second and third place
- Awards of Merit for emerging professional artists
- Professional entries to be marked and priced for sale, donated or NFS. For pieces sold, a 30% commission shall be donated to SPARK. All payments for art will be processed directly with the artist. Artist’s preferred payment method(s) such as Venmo or PayPal accounts must be provided in the registration form.
- Student art will be listed for sale at $25 and is considered a donation. If a student artist does not wish to sell the piece, please indicate NFS on the label.
- For more information related to submission or to answer submission questions please email email@example.com.
- All art work will remain at the show through February 12. Purchased and unsold art can be picked up from 5-7 pm on February 12 or 10am-2pm on February 13.
- Works not picked up may be subject to a fee for removal. SPARK is not responsible for damage or misplacement after the show closes.
USE OF IMAGES
- Any image submitted may be used for marketing or promotional purposes directly related to this show and may include printed materials, advertisements or electronic media.
- Copyright and all other rights remain that of the artist.
- Although reasonable efforts will be undertaken to safeguard exhibitors’ property against loss, damage or theft, SPARK will not be responsible for any loss, damage or theft of exhibitors’ property brought on the premises during the period of the SPARK Art Show. Every precaution will be taken in the handling and exhibiting of work however, the unsold works must be picked up during the Art Outtake. Exhibits not claimed three days after Art Outtake will be donated or discarded. It is up to the discretion of the artist if they wish to procure insurance for their individual work.
- By submitting your artwork, you are agreeing to the terms noted throughout this registration & submission with SPARK.