March 26, 2020
Dear LCMSD Families,
We hope that during this uncertain time you are all staying healthy and safe.
In light of the current health ordinance and the school closures through May 1st, we will be canceling the SPARK Spring Spotlight Auction and Gala scheduled for May 2, 2020.
With approximately $300K left to meet our $1.5M goal, canceling our largest fundraising event has significant financial implications. As a result, the SPARK Board is working on alternate fundraising plans to ensure that we are able to come closer to our goal, which is primarily used for teacher’s salaries and benefits.
In the meantime, we want to invite you to support our neighbors and community members in Marin and beyond who have been severely affected by COVID-19. Some ways to do this include:
- Donate to Adopt a Family of Marin’s COVID-19 Family Food Fund which will distribute gift cards for groceries to families who are the most vulnerable in the Southern Marin school districts and who qualify for support. For more information refer to Dr. Geithman’s March 24 email to the LCMSD families.
- Support our SPARK Biz partners when possible
- Restaurant partners are offering take-out options and retailers are selling gift certificates to redeem when they reopen.
- Grocery store partners have been working hard to keep shelves stocked and recently added senior shopping hours for the elderly and and those who are at-risk due to health conditions.
- Learning partners are offering remote tutoring to support students in their transition to distance learning.
We have featured many of these businesses and the details of their promotions on our Instagram and Facebook pages. Now more than ever we encourage you to support the businesses who support our schools.
We are so grateful for our incredible community who have supported SPARK recently through the Online Auction and throughout this year.
We will get through this together with kindness and generosity.
SPARK Executive Director